Sunday, June 10, 2012

Puddle of purple

If you know me well, you know that my favourite colour is purple. I cemented my love of purple (warning, embarrassing omission ahead) by getting a purple tattoo as a teenager.

I also chose to read, The colour purple - obviously one of my favourite books - to my campers when I was a teenage camp counsellor. This got me into a whole lot of hot water with the camp director.

So you can imagine how shocked and dismayed I was when, a few years later, a well-intentioned friend hinted that liking the colour purple was less than cool.

Turns out, liking purple is reserved for new-age-types. And again, if you know me well, you know that I am not a new-age-type.

But I can't shake my thing for the colour purple. This becomes clear when you do a quick survey of the clothes I buy and make for Puddle...

(and of the flowers I make my husband photograph)...







Clearly my Aunt knows about my love of all things purple, she hand knit this lovely cardigan for Puddle.





I've only bought Puddle two pairs of shoes. Both are shades of purple. I bought them on the same day. Coincidently, also the day I realized I was projecting my love of purple onto Puddle.





No comments: